All these languages and not a person to talk to; I feel like I'm out at sea.
01 February 2013 @ 08:59 pm
17 December 2012 @ 09:31 pm
- My best Franadian friend leaves Brussels on Saturday. Thankfully I'm going home on Sunday so I have two weeks of distraction before I realise I'm back at square one - alone again.
- Still haven't done any research, but I've been building bridges with colleagues in other unis and my own. Still hoping my supervisor takes me with him to Montreal.
- Getting ready to take French and Dutch proficiency exams in Spring (Niveau B2 y'all)
- Matt's getting on fantastically in Australia, and has a great circle of friends, which pleases me immensely. And despite our obvious frustrations the separation isn't proving too difficult.
- I've been to Germany at last. I went to Cologne for the Christmas markets and nothing compares (Paris in the new year, though, thankfully).
- I get on well with my housemates, but I'm dreadfully excited to move out into my own little studio somewhere in the east of the city.
- I've never been more motivated to pick-up German (hè, third time's the charm), though sadly lacking in spare time right now.
- The weather right now is pretty rank, but as long as it doesn't snow before
- I'm slightly worried that, in actual fact, for all the other benefits it gives me, my PhD is going to compartmentalise me outside of my desired field post-doctorate,
- But otherwise I'm having the time of my effing life.
20 September 1987 @ 03:00 pm
If you'd like to get to know the universe's biggest nerd, comment to be added.